Warped doors

Guest's review of Wren Kitchens & Bedrooms

“Warped doors”

Written on: 15/07/2013

Initially we were really impressed with product and delivery of the Marlow kitchen. (bought Jan 2011/ Del May 1011) and was recommending the company to friends. However 9 months in we began to notice that a gap was appearing around the doors, most noticeably on the larder doors. We left this a while and after 2 years the doors have most definitely warped.
I initially contacted Wrens with my complaint and our correspondence is as follows:-
14/01/13- Very helpful and will replace doors by 28th Jan. Excellent response.
11/03/13-Fitter arrived to replace doors-Some not sent and some replacement doors already warping. The fitter informs the Manager which doors we are still waiting for and which still need replacing.
19/03/13- We contacted Wrens and spoke to a very helpful assistant, Nathan, as we had not heard anything from them. He chased up our inquiry only to be informed that the list given to the manager had been lost and that the fitter will come out to re-measure again.
22/03/13- Fitter came out to measure.
17/04/13- We had not heard anything from Wrens so we contacted them again and spoke to Nathan, who chased this up and was told that they were awaiting the doors and would contact us as soon as they arrive.
16/05/13-One month on and still not heard from Wrens so decided to go into the Bolton store and spoke to a representative who were very helpful in chasing up the doors.
20/05/13-Wrens contacted us to inform us that the fitter will contact us before his holidays to arrange a date to fit the new doors.
13/06/13- Fitter arrived to change the doors but after fitting them it was obvious that they were still slightly warped. Fitter said he would go in to Wrens and let them know what was going on and to order a new handle as one had broken while replacing the door.
15/06/13- We decided to go into Wrens again and this time spoke to the Assistant Manager. Discussed our concerns with him and how we are disillusioned with the product, considering the 2nd lot of new doors were warped. He contacted the warehouse who told him that they had no other problems with the doors! The AM could only offer us the same product again or a cheaper version (but he could not guarantee that these would not warp as they are a cheaper product) Also we do not have end panels on our units due to budget constrictions and he suggested that this might help disguise the problem but at an extra cost to us. I personally feel that we should not have to have these if the product was fit for purpose in the first place. In the end it was agreed that we would have a new set of replacement doors and he also assured us that he would personally quality check the doors beforehand. He would contact us when the doors would be in.
02/07/13- A new fitter arrived to change the doors. Discussed the problems with him and after 30 mins or so was called into the kitchen to be told that he had unpacked and inspected the new doors (and you guessed it- still warped!!!!!!) He said that there was no point fitting these and that he had already spoken to AM at Wrens who would be contacting me shortly.
Also, no new handle had been sent.
AM did ring and discussed me buying the end panels for the larder units again but as I pointed out this would only hide the problem for a short while and what about the other doors. I left this with him as he would speak to his Manager to come up with a solution.
03/07/13- Received a recorded message today from AM who has spoken to his Area Manager, and informed us that they can only offer us a replacement of the same doors. So we are now awaiting the FOURTH set of doors.
Over the years and in various properties I have replaced three different budget kitchens and never had any doors warp before. I am not expecting the kitchen to last a life time but it is frustrating to have such an obviously dysfunctional product that even visitors comment on, as the problem is so clearly visible.
I am very disheartened now and personally feel that I would rather have a refund on the doors and go somewhere else. We are still in limbo awaiting a follow up on the 4th set of doors.

Wrenkitchens's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2013

Hi,

We are very sorry for the experience you have had with some of our doors. I have spoken to the QC Manager who has ensured me that you will have no more further issues.

The QC Manager of the Scunthorpe factory, will personally visit you upon delivery of the new doors to discuss the issues that you have been having.

Kind regards,