Errods if in contact with toilet seat

Guest's review of Harpic Power Plus Toilet Cleaner

“Errods if in contact with toilet seat”

Written on: 14/07/2012

I used Harpic the other day and failed to notice that it had dripped onto my toilet seat.During the night it had burnt and eroded thet toilet seat.
Now i am aware it is corrosive but it IS a toilet cleaner and it shouln be stated that if in contact with the seat then wipe immediately.Now i have to buy a new seat.

Andreamcg's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2012

I can completely agree with your comments. It has just done exactly the same to my toilet seat which cost me £30 and is only about a year old. The company that make it say you dont put it on toilet seats - as far as I am conerned when you are working in such close proximity with a toilet seat then it shoud not do this. I will never buy this product again!!

Pepp's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2012

right, i used it on cement tiles and it has left an ugly design on the floor

Cassiopia's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2013

Same here phoned customer services rude and tried to make out I was stupid for not lifting the seat up before squirting the harpic down the toilet need a new toilet seat now well annoed

Manoel2012's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2012

I live in Brazil where Harpic is widely used; however, while using it dropped into my toilet bowe, and could not be removed, causing the bowe to have to be removed and changed for a new one. In my vacation home in Nova Friburgo I was lucky to pick it up before it went down further. We enjoy the smell of Harpic but do not intend to use it again.