worst customer service ever!!!!!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

pinkangel's review of H. Samuel Stores

“worst customer service ever!!!!!”

Written on: 27/02/2013 by pinkangel (1 review written)

I purchased an engagement ring on 22/2/13, the ring wasnt cheap at £300 in the sale. It was white gold with diamonds and a pink stone in shape of heart. I was very careful to take ring off whilst doing chores etc. On 24th Feb whilst washing my hands the pink stone in ring fell out.I was distressed but at same time i was very relieved i managed to find the stone. On the 25th feb i took ring back into branch i purchased it from and explained the situation asking them for a replacement ring. I had not taken insurance on ring as i felt my guarantee covered anything for a year. The young man behind counter looked a ring and said hum i looks like the claw has been twisted i will speak to my manager upstairs. He was away for 5 minutes and announced to me that the ring was not faulty but i had some how accidentally managed to make the stone fall out myself!!!! he said that they could fix this at a reduced price. I was horrified and in informed him that this certainly was not the case and to give me number of head office for h samuel. After explaining situation the head office said the would get back to me and today 27th feb they informed me that they were taking the word of their employee. I am absolutely disgusted at way i have been treated and am going to citazens advice regarding this situation.
I will never ever purchase anything from the shop again so please be warned the attitude of the staff was terrible the way they delt with situation was not only upsetting but also in an arogant manner. Avoid this shop at all costs as it may cost you more than you imagine.

• Glenrothes fife

Branch Visited

• Diamond engagement ring

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Jackiejckr's Response to pinkangel's Review

Written on: 17/04/2013

Exactly the same thing has happen to me we bought an engagement ring at Christmas 2011 in March one of the stones fell out I took it back to the shop the girl there said she cold see no damage so the ring must be faulty - The ring was a christmas special offer and was actuall an £800.00 ring today customer service have told me the damage is wear and tear - I work in an office !!!!! I am not a builder and an engagement ring is supposed to be for life????????????? This has certainly took the shine of for me - All you couples beware!

Jawa592's reply to Jackiejckr's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2013

Sorry to hear your about your problem. They as a company really are terrible these days, I used to work for the company when it was properly run back in the 1970`s. These days almost any quality control is thrown to the winds because pretty well all the stone set rings are imported from the far east- that is not to say that just because it comes from there it is always bad to say so would be totally wrong as they can produce excellent top quality at a price, but with HS they buy very cheap and sell `fairly cheap` and the quality is not there. £800 is 800 quid but don`t expect a top notch product for that money but it is true you should not expect a stone to fall out at almost any price- very poor service you`ve had. Because your comment leads on from the person who bought a Topaz ring I`ll say that topaz is a poor stone for any ring that is worn 27/7 as all topaz has a pronounced cleavage- a direction within the stone that if knocked moderately hard the actual stone splits in two- never confuse hardness and toughness they are two different things in the gemstone world.