Ice Rink Canary Wharf

sbrunero's review of Canary Wharf Ice Rink

“Ice Rink Canary Wharf”

Written on: 20/11/2012 by sbrunero (1 review written)

I go to the ice rink canary wharf rink each year because I work near by, and for the previous 4 years or so it has been very disappointing the ice used to be rubbish and the skates ruined my feet. However this year is a completely different story, it has gone from mediocre to the best rink in London.

They have completely revamped it, I think they are under new management or something. The have this crazy skate path thing which allows you to skate off the ice under the trees. I had never seen it before and it was a really great idea.
The skates where much better this year, and by the looks of them they were brand new. The ice which in previous years has been really shabby was excellent. Before we skated an ice tractor went out and polished the ice, which meant that we had absolutely perfect ice to skate on. The staff told me this happens every 2 hours!

After we skated we went for a glass of mulled wine in the Boisdale pop up bar. I had never heard of boisdale before despite working near by canary wharf but the mulled wine and snacks we had were both very very good!

Really worth checking out this year!