Where is the Customer Service & Safety?

• Accommodation

• Food

• Facilities

• Location

Guest's review of Travelodge

“Where is the Customer Service and Safety?”

Written on: 10/12/2012

10th Dec 2012

To whom it may concern,

Each time I stay at your hotel the brand is damaged by failure of certain aspects.

1. The tills went down No fault of mine but I was refused credit until the tills came back on line, I do not carry cash and there was no credit machine nearby. I eventually went to a rather expensive Chinese restaurant nearby and paid around £38 for an evening meal.

2. the Lift was filthy and stank of smoke

3. the milk was not replaced on a daily basis and I actually had to ask for some to be put in place on the third day of my stay

4.You may be a cheaper option but I spend on average 12 nights per month (on short notice £48 per night) and I actually expect better customer service.

5. To top it all you say this system 'Rate your Stay' cannot respond!!!! hence I will be writing to head office.

6. On the previous week there was a fire alarm and I was sent back to my room, by a receptionist, only to be knocked up about 20 mins later to go outside and be counted. The staff did not seem to know the correct procedure.

7. Broken Irons in the environment with some having bare wires.

7. Staff not booking out the said irons and not knowing where they are

8. Lastly, your company offered a discount voucher for re-visits, however they system was too intrusive and was a real pain to try and claim - so I didn't bother!

All in all not the best service.

Yours sincerely

Owen Smorthit BEM, BA(Hons) Ed
Health and Safety Consultant.

• London Airport