Disgraceful, Embarrassing, Never Again

• Food

• Facilities

• Location

petesmiff's review of Travelodge

“Disgraceful, Embarrassing, Never Again”

Written on: 22/10/2012 by petesmiff (1 review written)

Travelodge,

Now where do i begin, never in my entire life have i experience such a poor level of customer service. My blood boils as i write this review of the inadequacy, incompetence and general shocking behaviour of this company. My grievance is with the selling of their room cancellation booking insurance, do not go anywhere near it and do not trust it in the slightest, I could not arrive to my hotel due to a family illness which mean that i could not attend the hotel as arranged, it took me 30 minutes to get through to their customer services team to tell them i needed to cancel. When i did get through the level of communication by their customer services assistant was diabolical – i think i would have been treated better by a pre-historic man than the chap who was on the other end of the phone. On the website when i booked i was offered a room cancelation booking insurance – this was an extra 1.50 and trusting ‘what it said on the tin’ i took out the insurance, at this point i need to point out that the tone and impression given by the website – made the customer think that for £1.50 if i need to cancel the room i could. No where i could see was information telling me the insurance was actually offered by an external company – not Travelodge nor did it have to meet certain criteria for me to cancel. Going back to the cancellation part of this story, the customer assistant cancelled my room and then had the audacity to tell me i shouldn’t expect a refund as he had never known anyone to receive one when they had asked for it.

I emailed their customer services team today and received a very curt reply simply telling me no refund was available and to pretty much just shove off.... May i please urge anyone reading this to avoid Travel Lodge for their mis selling on the website, their inaccurate and incorrect descriptions of products offered and finally there shameful, embarrassing and inconsiderate customer service of which i can confirm without a shadow of a doubt is the worst i have ever experienced. Here’s hoping administration will arrive and close down a truly shocking shocking company.

• Travel Lodge