Lake Garda And Venice

• Facilities

• Location

pamelacouzens's review of Shearings Holidays

“Lake Garda And Venice”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by pamelacouzens (1 review written)

Wow what a happy experience for a first coach trip, BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

The only let down was the so called "STAFF" of the hotel Villa della Rose and ALL INCLUSIVE really has a new meaning at this place, the arrival at this awful hotel does not tell you that when you arrive on the Sunday everything in Arco is closed and you will have nothing to eat or drink from 10:00am until 19:00pm in the evening (and I mean absolutely nothing as the hotel staff stands guard at the noon buffet). I have never in my life been treated so badly, the maitre'd was the most obnoxious fella I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, he seriously thought he was doing us a favour whenever he looked at us never mind serving us. After 22:00 you could not even get a glass of water never mind a drink. Packed lunches were atrocious and the 500ml of water we got with the lunch helped to swallow down some dry bread rolls.

The rooms were great, room cleaning service was excellent and the curly haired receptionist was amazing. The chef was doing the best with what he was given and he was ever so friendly.

To the sorry sod that actually TIPPED the maitre'd (or what ever he thought he was, and you know who you are) well done mate you know how to spoil things for the travellers on the next trip.

Kenny and Ben (coach drivers) you were amazing and I would not mind going on a trip with you again.

The comfort on the coaches can be improved by nothing as it was great.

Shearings are letting themselves down by using this hotel and I think even the coach drivers know this as we were warned just before arriving at the hotel that ALL INCLUSIVE has a new meaning at this Hotel.

Kind regards