Britannia Worst Hotel Group in the Country

• Food

• Facilities

• Location

MikeyMachen's review of Britannia Hotels

“Britannia Worst Hotel Group in the Country”

Written on: 20/05/2013 by MikeyMachen (2 reviews written)

Just been watching BBC Wales X-Ray and how a group of people were messed around by the Liverpool's Britannia Adelphi Hotel and booked into their hotel in Bournemouth instead. The pictures showed how filthy the place was. It brought back dark memories for me.

I've stayed at their hotels in Crawley and London Docklands. I stayed in Crawley a few times. The rooms were filthy and the service really bad. The last straw came when a couple were booked into the room I was staying in. They walked in on me when I was stark naked about to get into the shower.

I stayed only one night at London Docklands because I refused to stay any longer. The problems started before I arrived. I phoned up the night before to book. The person at the end of the line could not be bothered and just said there were plenty of rooms. I arrived at 8am before going to work and was told there were no rooms other than executive ones. i booked into one despite the cost. When I got in after work, it was not an executive room, it was filthy with boot marks on the bed sheets and wall and rain was coming through the windows. At dinner nobody could be bothered to serve me. In the end I left.

I would never touch this chain with a barge pole. The problems seem endemic through the whole group.

• Accommodation