Simply the best!

Guest's review of Orchard Cottage Riding Stables, Surrey

“Simply the best!”

Written on: 16/06/2013

I feel that I should review Orchard Cottage, as I think it very unfair for anyone visiting this site for information on the stables to be met with "Stay Away!" as the opening review.
I have been riding there for 3 years and have never encountered the apparent difficulties and problems stated by the aforementioned reviewer. Quite the contrary, the Staff are pastoral with the youngsters, helping them to build confidence and at all times are polite and caring. The horses are incredibly well looked after, and their well-being is paramount to the running of the yard. Recently I rode out and noticed that one of my stirrup leathers was getting a bit thin - which, if left, could snap. I quietly mentioned it to one of the Staff when I returned from the ride. When I rode the same horse again not long after I noticed a brand new leather in place. Although I have been riding there 3 years, I have been involved with horses all my life - (I'm over 50!) and owned 2 horses for many years. You could say I've been around the (stable) block! I feel I'm more than qualified to say this is a brilliant yard in all respects. People come from all over London to ride here and when asked they say "because its the best yard with the nicest horses/staff" I rest my case!!
Please ignore the bad review, its totally unjustified and not representative of this yard - I should know, I've been to some bad ones in my time. I will also add that my family have owned several racehorses over the years - I've visited the yards where they were kept and none of them come close to Orchard Cottage. Its the best by a country mile.