Animal Welfare Issues!

ChrissyT's review of Mill Farm Riding School and Trekking Centre

“Animal Welfare Issues!”

Written on: 03/06/2013 by ChrissyT (1 review written)

Some of the horses are extremely under weight. I could have a bit of sympathy if it was winter with no grass, but the state of these underfed horses in June is a disgrace.
One horse on our trek had only one shoe on, with the other front hoof damaged. We pointed out that another horse had a loose shoe and were ignored. They obviously believe it's fine to canter and gallop a horse with a loose shoe.

Even the cobs at this yard look underweight. I saw a Section D with visible hip bones. They should be ashamed.

I'm not talking about horses in fields that could have been retired, these poorly conditioned horses were being used for treks.

None of the horses appeared to have tack that fitted them and the 'staff' don't seem to know how to tack up properly. They're lucky that they're not registered with the BHS!

I'm appalled at how many people are giving positive reviews, within minutes of seeing the animals it was obvious that money comes before welfare here.

Millfarmriding's Response to ChrissyT's Review

Written on: 04/07/2013

Bizarre the horses at mill farm are veted each year as part of the law for a licence and they are told that most of their horses are over weight by a equine vet I believe more qualified in the health and well being of all horses and ponies than your good self
Any one reading this pack of lies please feel free to visit our face book page our website or better still visit mill farm riding school and trekking centre and see for your self

Chrissyt's reply to Millfarmriding's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2013

Call this a pack of lies all you will. I have pictures of the horses and ponies and the local authority have been notified, also the BHS.

The horses may well have put on weight now, but what about the tack that doesn't fit? The missing shoes? The fact that the 'instructor' was so frightened of her horse (the above mentioned section D) that she had to swap with another rider half way around.