Unsuitable for a horse that is a belly rubber

Guest's review of Bucas Buzz Off Fly Rug

“Unsuitable for a horse that is a belly rubber”

Written on: 16/06/2013

I purchased this rug at a cost of £97 plus delivery. My horse was wearing this rug dusk, during the night and dawn. I washed it after 2 weeks and then again before returning it. The zebra stripes were fading; even on a 30 degree synthetic wash.
The reason for return was that as the belly flap (which is supposed to keep the midges/flies out) hangs down very low. THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT on this. The actual rug fitted fine on my shire x cob. Even the sales assistant in the shop agreed that the rug in the shop on the model horse had a belly flap that hung low.
My horse got his hind leg caught in the belly flap and broke 3 of the 4 elastic ties that hold the clips onto the rug, therefore nothing was holding the rug in position. My horse and was charging around the field trying to get the rug off over his head. I am lucky he did not fall into the ditch and break a leg.