Absolute Rubbish!

Unacceptable's review of Polycell Less Mess Paint Stripper

“Absolute Rubbish!”

Written on: 02/03/2012 by Unacceptable (1 review written)

This product ought to be banned from sale! The biggest joke is it's name "LESS MESS PAINT STRIPPER" I used the product on decking to remove some small spots of paint and left it overnight for maximum effect. The product was really thick and after several failed attempts with a wire brush and scraper had to resort to using a high pressure washer. Not only did it not work (only one coat of paint!) but it created a huge mess on ballustrades, windows, walls, plants, it even glued itself to my wellies! The natural 'knots' in the wood are now white and I cannot get this off at all! I paid £11.28 for a small tin and then had to spend so much time cleaning off the mess it made - I totally agree with the other posts here and I will be writing to ICI and trading standards, others should be warned. I have had to rate it one star but it should really not get any - Suggest changing name to MORE MESS! It's claim that it removes up to 15 layers of paint is a total misrepresentation.