Pumped up

LesaandAndyMelbourne's review of PMS (property maintenance services) Bexleyheath

“Pumped up”

Written on: 17/08/2013 by LesaandAndyMelbourne (1 review written)

Oh that sinking feeling with the central heating fails to work. Husband decided it was the pump - I had no idea. Wasn't even sure, personally, where it was... Digging around on the web for a plumber came up with PGS. An email exchange set up a morning appointment and husband took the day off from work to deal with it. A phone call came a couple of hours before the set time to confirm due arrival of plumber. This was followed up shortly before the appointment with a warning that he was running a little late. (Can I say this was a welcome courtesy - how often are you left hanging around wondering where your tradesperson has gotten to... Once he had safely found us, an insepection confirmed my husband's opinion that the pump was indeed no longer in the land of the operational. PGS had a local supplier and our plumber popped off to pick up the required materials, returning promptly to finish the project in hand.
a couple of hours later the job was done and our central heating system was resurrected, new pump installed Complete with two new valves replacing corroded ones. Luckily for us this was the height of summer so no freezing was involved, but how impressed were we that it was all taken care of so swiftly and efficiently. By the time I returned to the house, all was done, cleaned up and returned to normal. Impressed? I should say so. Thw fact that the PGS office was completely on top of the project and could let us know that he was running a little late was fabulous and he was cheerful, friendly and informative. So when the snow has returned to the Surrey hills and we are snug as bugs with our cosy central heating I am sure we will raise a glass to his talents!