It Worked For Us

CraigFearn's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“It Worked For Us”

Written on: 26/08/2013 by CraigFearn (1 review written)

I used X-tex on my lounge and though messy it worked for me, remember it gets artex off and not paint!!
The ceiling was a stipple effect approx 5mm thick with emulsion on so test an area 1st to see what suits.
Cover the floor with cloth and tape down plastic covering on top, use a safe platform to give a safe working height.
Use a shed paint brush or a paste brush to hold sufficient x-tex and liberally paint the surface area while wearing protective eye wear, be aware if splash / drips on a wall it takes paint etc off.
I had emulsion on it and left it for an hour and sprayed it with a water mist sprayer to keep it damp so no need to cling film etc so can't comment, I used a stiff blade wallpaper stripper type or 4" filler type tool, remember not bendy re gentle pressure required to take it off.
I used 2.5l tubs and it covered approx 3.5m a time though its not cheap it's safer than steaming. I did it over a few days as it is hard work / messy and not being able to close the room off from the family etc.
it comes off in a soft paste material that's sticky until dry thus cover carpets etc as required.
I hope to have a bit left so I can do the garage door as it may save a lot of rubbing down and a good hose off lol!!
Hope this helps but be advised its artex remover and not paint remover!!!
Emulsion ok vinyl silk etc takes longer and gloss try overnight and cover it.
Try tool station at £24 a tub and medium plastic floor covering.
Hope it helped Craig.