Written on: 30/06/2012 by afttak (6 reviews written)
Just bought this Home Theatre a month ago. The player came with front mirror finished black glassy panel, giving it a piece of décor even in off mode. Totally dustproof, except heat emitting fan at the back side, there is no ventilation holes at all (good news for consumers of tropical & Asian regions where because of humidity & dust electronic components became carbonized & spoiled, making the unit malfunctioned & a reduced life).
Since font panel of the main unit is not strait at all like common DVD Home Theatre players and all essential control buttons like Play, Stop & Function etc. are located at rectangular surface (giving it an impression of touch style control panel), as they are also crafted in many shapes and beautifully aligned with seamless surface of the player. Besides a brighter display, integrated blue disc light effect is awesome.
Wires of all speakers are color coded, having connectors at the other end, which help to connect them easily without any hassle. Some of the expensive features are:
• Monolithic Design 5.1. ch system with DVD Player
• HDMI Output (Upscale 1080p for DVD)
• USB Movie Playback (Xvid Home and MPEG4 Simple Profile)
• USB Music Record and Play Function
• S-Master 48 Bit
• Dolby Digital / DTS
• Control for HDMI
• Mic Input Jack (3.55 mm / 6.3 mm)
• Dolby Pro Logic / Dolby Pro Logic II
• Video Signal Out (HDMI) Upscale 720p/1080i/ for DVD
• Precision Cinema Progress Scan
• Disc Resume Function (upto 21 discs)
• Clear Voice function
• Night Mode
• Dynamic Base on / off
• DRC Compression
• Speaker test tone
• speaker customization distance
• Bravia Sync function – where TV & Home theatre can be
simultaneously activated with a single remote (subject to HDMI of
TV is capable to handle audio return channel)
• Tray lock
• Main Unit Size (WxHxD) Approx. 430 X 55 X 350 mm
Except Blue Ray and DVD Audio, almost all popular formats be it from DVD family, VCD, SVCD, CD, Mp3, MP4, Div X, Xvid are playable on this player.
USB Functions also supports MP4, Xvid, MP3 & Jpeg format, including USB recording of MP3 tracks.
DZ340K is just not simply an ordinary DVD Home Theatre, (as there are companies boasting in the name of Home Theatres which are only capable to handle optical medias), but carries all functions of a popular Home Theatre (once known as Mini Hifi Component System) having Tuner, Aux, Cassette tapes, Karaoke besides CD DVD functions)
This player comes with a FM Radio with 21 stations storing capacity. Stereo L/ R for listening Satellite / TV inputs, Audio Line in for connecting popular sources like walkman, iPads or MP3 listing device etc. including latest breakthrough of a USB storage device containing video music or pictures.
It can also handle dual layer 8.5 GB DVDs (which picture quality is almost identical to that of Blue Ray Disc) employing with 1080P Precision Cinema Progressive control. Although the player lacks the important functions of a picture settings like brightness zoom etc. which are available in cheap Chinese players.
Thanks to Disc resume function (where upto 21 discs can be recalled) in DVD, VCDs which usually absent in many high end players. I consider it a very helpful feature as many a time we switch DVDs, even before finishing it & later locate the desired scene with much time & efforts.
Dialogue delay correction is yet another useful feature where one can synchronize dialogues with scenes if something recorded erroneously.
• FM Radio channel is not efficient at all. Sometimes stored
channels need re-storing.
• Proper FM Radio antenna is not included in box, except a cable.
• In USB Mode priority is automatically given to MP3 folder &
folders with uncommon names don’t appear (even if given folder
contains supported video files like Xvid or MP4 Simple profile)
including MP3 tracks). This is not ideal where even in cheap
players all kind of mixed folders are readable in USB.
• Movie loading time is high as compared to latest Blu Ray players.
• Lack of picture settings like brightness, contrast zoom etc.
(though it is not a problem).
• No Optical audio out, except stereo L/R (though with this price
tag other players are offering such features).
• No HDMI cable is in the box even though this interface is
becoming common & overpowering other outputs.
I consider this player has value, worth of money & best hi-def video / audio entertainment.
" Spearker cable and connector replacement " Read More
" The Bose 321 GSX is value for money but think it needs additional d... " Read More
" I have had the JVC TH-SW8 DVD home cinema system now for over a yea... " Read More
Written by matrix010101
" AMAZING SOUND. LIKE BEING IN THE CINEMA. " Read More
" Fantastic " Read More