Interways (aka Macedonia) Rent-A-Car - AVOID at all costs

matthblum's review of Skopje, Macedonia

“Interways (aka Macedonia) Rent-A-Car - AVOID at all costs”

Written on: 23/09/2017 by matthblum (1 review written)

Interways Rent A Car (aka Macedonia-Rent-A-Car) looked good because they were cheaper than others. But they tried to overcharge on the deposit and then weren't there to receive the car when I returned it and then later I received an email claiming that damage that was on the car before I took it was caused by me! And they charged me for it.
We hired our Car at OHRID Airport
On arrival to pick up the car, Interways said they needed to put 500 euros deposit against the car. But the documentation I had been sent clearly said the deposit would be 350 euros. I should have been suspicious then. I argued and they clearly knew the deposit should be 350 not 500 euros, so they backed down.
We inspected the car and a scratch was recorded on the document I was given before taking the car. We did not inspect underneath the car.
When I returned the car staff from another car hire firm told me the Interways man was delayed and so I should just put keys in safe deposit box.
When I returned home I received an email from Interways Macedonia Rent A Car, with photos of the scratch that was clearly documented as on the car before I took it, and a claim from Interways that I had caused the damage. Also in the email was a photo of another scratch, underneath the car, which they also claimed I had done. I am certain that scratch was already there before I took the car, it just wasn't visible unless you got your head on the ground! Interways claimed I needed to pay 70 euros. After an exchange of 4 emails in which I sent copies of the document showing the first scratch was on the car before I took it, Interways finally conceded that I had not done that scratch. But they still went ahead and charged me the 70 euros they originally claimed was for the 2 scratches.
DO NOT USE INTERWAYS / MACEDONIA-RENT-A-CAR - They are dishonest and it will cost you more in the end than other hire companies

• 6th September 2017

Date of stay

Check out great deals on Expedia
Deals on Expedia