mattresses/entertainment

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

scoops5's review of Pontins, Brean Sands

“mattresses/entertainment”

Written on: 28/09/2013 by scoops5 (1 review written)

just got back yesterday from brean sands after a 5 day & 4 night stay, me and my mum went, for a well deserved break away, after almost 20 years without a proper holiday! we had been to various pontins before I.E Wall Park, Barton Hall, little Canada, all of which where brilliant times, so we thought give pontins another go! Although the chalet was clean all over, the matresses where lumpy and you could feel the springs poking through, my mother suffers from osteoarthritis and has a slipped disc in the spine and has difficulty with her wrist, hands and hips, 2 nights running she went without sleep and missed breakfast the following morning. I would have thought that a company like this saying it has been as they put it reborn in 2011, would have the common sense to replace mattresses every so often due to the amount of people staying in the accommodation! secondly the entertainment was absolutely rubbish compared to the shows that where put on 20 years ago where you could guarantee a good evening, this time we only saw two entertainers, one a comic and the second a juggler the others where what I think where no shows! gone have the days where you would get a bluecoat show everynight without fail, those where the days when the bluecoats knew how to sing and dance and put on a show! Also I have read some other reviews and agree that you could not find a bluecoat at all during the day!

anyone went to Pontins Little Canada about 19 or 20 years ago??? If u did you would possibly remember the robotic lazer show that the entertainments manager himself did on a Friday night and the Friday football match between bluecoats/staff and the guests!!!!

if u do remember drop us a line at scoops.2@hotmail.co.uk we might have met on holiday there or another pontins!

Cheers
Chris

• Half Board

Type of Accommodation

• Yes - Extra Cost

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?