Awful Customer Service

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

MrsTraceySmith's review of Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs

“Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 10/05/2012 by MrsTraceySmith (2 reviews written)

We made our booking online (booking ref 5861073 Mrs T Smith) and we were under the impression that the linen was included. We arrived at the caravan and saw a blue bag on the caravan doorstep (other door to where we entered) I didnt look inside and thought no more of it and checked the bedrooms to see if the linen had been provided and it hadnt. So we went down to the hire shop, they said it was not included in our booking and we need to pay £10, so we did. I asked to take the linen with me as we have a 14mth old baby and it was around 8pm (he usually in bed by 7:30pm) and was so it was getting late, the lady insisted that they bring it to me and they were bringing it over immediately. I waited until 9:10pm and called the office to see what was happening with our linen, she apologised and said it will be brought over immediately, it arrived around 9:30pm. I mentioned to the guy that brought our linen to us (David Hindle) that we had paid £10 for the linen and he said laughing 'you paid £10 for this'? I said I thought it was included in the booking and he said it should be and that if you pay £10 for the linen the beds should be made up ready for your arrival (I know this is shown on the website as an extra £10 as we declined this option when we made the booking). He then looked down at the blue bag on the door step and said there is linen in there (so we had linen the whole time but did not know this was the sites protocol - to leave it on the door step). He said he would mention all that has happened to customer services and for me to go and see them in the morning. Quite frankly we just wanted to enjoy our weekend away but I did not want to pay £10 for nothing so the following morning we spoke to customer services and they refused my story point blank, I asked to speak with a senior colleague, and had the same response from her, she wanted to fill in a form but honestly for the sake of £10??? I then asked to speak with a more senior member and at first she came across a little more understanding and wrote everything down and said she would need to speak David Hindle and her manager and that she would call me later that day, well I am still waiting for that phone call!!! I am just furious that haven.com / haven-holidays.co.uk made me feel like I was lying. I am not poor by any means we own a very successful online retail site but why should Haven get away with treating customers like this? I now feel like Haven owe me more than £10 for the hassle and upset they put on myself and husband on what we thought would be a relaxing weekend away.

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?