5 star flagship site???

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Guest's review of Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs

“5 star flagship site??? ”

Written on: 30/10/2011

A lot of money spent on this holiday as school holiday and booked a prestige and quite frankly feel ripped off.
We expected better, to go in to a prestige caravan and see straightaway it was properly cleaned is disgraceful. Crumbs all over lounge, dirty shower, smeary work services, greasy sink dusty lounge, crockery not properly washed. Called them and they came quickly, re hoovered, re cleaned certain areas. We went in and I washed up everything and cleaned the kitchen area and cleaned the toilets as a precaution although they looked clean.
Pouring with rain, we'd had trouble parking at reception on arrival, had to park on double yellows as others had at the sides of the entertainment complex, no choice as we arrived, no idea where caravan was, all needed the toilet, the park so hilly too.
We drove to complex as with children didn't want to get soaked, also it was hilly, worried about slips especially in the dark and rain, again nowhere to park hd to park on the double yellows, which then concerned me all evening as it was fairly close to a bend in the road.
Left early as worried about the car, later on couldn't go to bed too early as the people in the next caravan were in and out all night smoking, chattering loudly and laughing loudly even in the rain and this continued through the 4 nights.
When finally got to bed we discovered main bedding was not too clean, sticky lump attached to underside of quilt , as I pulled back sheet I discovered a dark short hair, also sheet doesn't fit the mattress. I got onto sofa with fire on all night.
Complained to reception in the morning, she was very polite and had someone go in change all the beds immediately but damage was done.
I also overheard other people in there complaining about very simil\r things, dirtiness, sheets not fitting and shockingly dirty linen.
Minutes later I experienced the oh so slow service of the mash and barrel staff and the outrageous rudeness,also they'd run out of orange juice.Only went back once on last day and unfortunately unlike the first morning it was busy and it took an hour to be served breakfast which delayed our check out time.
Later in the evening again in the showbar service very slow as it was every evening, I gave a £20 note over, she gave me change for ten pound, then argued with me when I pointed this out, fortunately another customer had witnessed this and backed me up, she went to fetch someone who also argued and they couldn't open the till, again the customer supported me and I had to demand it back which they grudgingly gave me.
There were lots of good points like the pool, the childrens entertainment, lots of good and jolly staff, good quality of food in the mash and barrel, the beach and sea views but the lack of cleanliness and a small minority of staff very rude mainly in mash and barrel, two in particular.
It was busy and end of season and staff do work long hours, I also witnessed the staff being abused by customers quite unreasonably and the young staff on the receiving end remained calm and polite and did everything to pacify.
A highlight is world of country life bang next door, a delightful day out, perfect on a rainy day as loads undercover.
However even though lots on the site and lovely location and easy to get to would think twice about returning and I would certainly not spend a fortune on it again.

Later in the evening the bar staff as they were every night very. very slow

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?