Center Parcs, Elveden Forest

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

suzypayne's review of Center Parcs, Elveden Forest

“Center Parcs, Elveden Forest”

Written on: 01/06/2011 by suzypayne (1 review written)

A great place to for a quick getaway, and involves a great array of choices - if you can afford it. We did find we were choosing certain activities over others mainly on price as we'd already spent a fair amount of money booking it. I would have preferred an all inclusive cost which would allow us to have eaten in the restaurants and used various facilities without worrying about spending even more. However, they don't hide costs and the subtropical swimming paradise, which is included, is amazing. Really fun, really clean, and you could go to the pool and cycle about all week without paying for any extra activities and still have a good time. It would have been good to have known that we didn't really need to hire bikes as the hotel part of the parc was really close to everything, but the bikes were fun. I've decided to do a bit more regular cycling as a result. All in all we did have a wonderful weekend and the staff are great, very accommodating and willing to do a little extra to help you if you need anything specific. I would probably go back but next time I'd save up for a villa and take a few more people, rather than staying in the hotel which seemed a little dated.

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

• Yes - Extra Cost

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

Guest's Response to suzypayne's Review

Written on: 05/06/2012

Lovely photos. Looks and sondus like you had a great time. The villa looks gorgeous!!In the 8 years I've been with my husband we've been to Centre Parcs 7 times! We first took Charles in October/November 2009 when he was 5 months old then whilst we were there booked our next holiday there, in the same villa, four months later!We only go to Longleat even though Elveden is considerably closer. But it is too close to the In Laws so we'd never go.Its so expensive now that this will be the first year we haven't gone. I'm quite gutted. I loved our tradition of going there.