West Sands, Bunn Leisure, Selsey

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Zairef117's review of Bunn Leisure Holiday Village, Selsey, West Sussex

“West Sands, Bunn Leisure, Selsey”

Written on: 29/08/2017 by Zairef117 (1 review written)

August 19 - 26 2017.

Private hire

After reading the reviews for the West Sands Caravan Holiday Park and looking at the history of the beach I booked our annual holiday here!

We booked a private caravan which I thought had a balcony but did not and I thought it was close to the beach, it was not but a smashing caravan though, if not a little close to everyone else.

The centre has little for the children, it is an arcade with a uninspiring pool, and there is a tiny park in the middle of the caravans. The evening entertainment I am unable to comment on as we don't like the idea of paying £80 for the week to have to que up from 5pm to get seats as the bingo people hog them from then. We never saw a mascot even though it is peak season.

There is no outdoor pool. There is a fun fair, which from 12.00 to 5.00 you can pay £10.00 per person to go on unlimited rides, which they don't have enough staff for so you have to go to the rides which they call you to or supervise the rides for young children yourself, which is no biggy and the kids loved it. The concession stand with burgers and, hot doh nuts is very reasonable at £2.50 for a burger and they are large and very good.

They have 2 shops on site which are not too badly priced and Asda is only 1 mile down the road. The chip shop cost £28.00 for 4x chips 2x 10 nuggets, 1x chicken burger and 1 x fried chicken, we paid less at a restaurant with deserts.

There is hardly anything in the town except sweet shops and bakeries and cafe's.

The beach is stunning, but not sand it it shale and stone and not kept clean, the water is very clean though. Quite wavey when the wind is up so not brill for toddlers.

On arrival, there was a que out the door to sign in but the staff were friendly and helpful, on the private hire side, they were unprofessional and well fed up on the site booking side.

My car was damaged while we were parked near our caravan. I was a garden length away from us and never moved all week. A car could not have hit it as the damage was done on the grass facing side up a step. The only thing that could have done the damage was the site vehicles which the gardeners use and the ride on lawn mowers. They did not own up to the chunk taken out of the rear corner of my bumper and there are no camera's to prove what had happened. I did report it but nothing could be done and I just got an apology, but then what else could they do other than hire honest staff?

To be fair if the weather had been better for the first half of the week the lack of facilities would not have been an issue but it is important if you have little ones to entertain. The WIFI is £4 per hour and only in certain areas so that is no help either.

It's nice for a short sunny beach visit but I would not recommend it for a full holiday.

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?