Written on: 08/04/2012
Travelling with my 2 sons age 12 and 10. We were all excited when we entered the site, great facilities, wonderful adventure playground which kept the boys occupied for hours.
However, On entering the caravan I was shocked by the dirtiness of the carpet in the lounge and warn fabric on the settee, but I accepted this knowing it was an old caravan. However, what I didn't expect was a wet carpet in the hallway, and a cooker which had had cleaner put in it, probably last season and never cleaned out!.Complaints to Recepton quickly got the leak looked at but maintainence couldn't solve it due to the gas boiler leaking and it needed a gas engineer to fix it. The carpet stayed damp all week. Then couldn't get the gas fire to light(called housekeeping who managed to get it to light, and suggested I didn't attempt to turn it off). Complained again on day 2, cooker still not cleaned, so had to go to the take away on site, wouldn't recommend it, and chose not to eat there again. Gas fire wouldn't light again in evening, maintanence came again, did a temporary job, but hardly any heat came out it, said I'd need the gas man again. Gas man came on day 3 and fixed the fire, still no clean cooker. Day 3 the carbon monoxide alarm went off- mainatnance said it was a dead battery, replaced it and all seemed well- but still no clean cooker. Day 4 the carbon monoxide alarm went off again, after reception had closed- told security, they suggested to take out the battery! Which I did. Day 5 time to check out- still no clean cooker!
Apart from the caravan we had a fantastic holiday, and it's only a short stroll uphill to the beach at Porth and a 10 min drive into Newquay! I hope if you stay in caravan 172 you have a better experience than we did!
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Great family holiday " Read More
" Worst place ever stayed on. " Read More
Written by traceyandalan
" Clean, modern family friendly park " Read More
" Left a day early! " Read More
" Beautiful girls " Read More