Metal Shard in Food, Terrible Service

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

SRSmith's review of Chinese Cottage, St Albans

“Metal Shard in Food, Terrible Service”

Written on: 21/02/2012 by SRSmith (1 review written)

Ordered a take away from here for my partner and I. The food was reasonable untill I found a shard of metal, roughly the size of a staple in my meal. The restaurant manager then continued to argue with me over whether or not I should recieve a refund for the meal. Only upon threatening to write a negative review and report them to Environmental Health did they agree to refund the dish only. After contacting again and further rudeness from the manager they eventually agreed that it was not unfair of me to want a full refund in these circumstances. Upon the delivery driver refunding my meal he was very rude to me and almost threw the refund into my hand without a word.

I would reccommend avoiding this place at all costs due to the negligent management and staff not even to mention what could have happened if either my partner or I had swallowed the shard of metal.

• Chinese

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual