HEN HEAVEN or HEN HELL??

Ladytaylor's review of The Stag Company - www.thestagcompany.com

“HEN HEAVEN or HEN HELL??”

Written on: 05/12/2012 by Ladytaylor (1 review written)

I am sorry to report I had the same experience as the other two reviewers. I wish I had seen their reviews first!

I booked my best friends Hen Party via Hen Heaven (sister company to The Stag Company) in June 2012. They have a very well trained team of liars in their pre-sales team, who do a sweet job of convincing you they are going to take all of the hassle out of arranging the do - you won't have the problem of participants pulling out and being stuck with their share of the costs etc. Having arranged numerous Hen Parties independently before, and having had such issues before, this was music to my ears and I got sucked in to the lies.

I asked for the booking to be made for 22 girls, it was booked for 16! As soon as the confirmation e-mail came through I spotted the error and tried to call to get it corrected. However, by then they have got you! They take your own 'bookers' fee in full as the deposit on the whole do (185 quid in my case), and then never again will you be able to speak to the sales agent. In steps the Customer Service team!

This customer service team are there to deny everything that was said by the Sales Agent and to explain just how inflexible the company is and how the package you thought you were booking will not remotely resemble the reality!

They have a 'online' customer service process where you HAVE to log a question on the chat board, and then sometime when it suits them they will reply with a useless answer.

I will spare you the details but after 3 months of back and forth with the customer care team, lots of wasted money on phone calls, lots of stress and worry - which they say you won't have going with them!, it was time to go on the hen do.

We tried to make the best of it and put behind us the service we had received by the hen company. BUT, its hard to do that when you start arriving at your 'planned' activities and the suppliers have different plans for you than you thought! We ended up trekking all over Bournmouth, spending extra cash on taxi's to reach the activities that were meant to be within walking distance. Spending extra cash on lunches that were meant to have been included but weren't!

When we got home, I wrote to Hen Heaven with a long list of complaints. They took 6 weeks to even reply to me, and at that point they denied their company had done anything wrong, and I am left with no compensation for the extra costs they caused or the extreme hassle they generated.

I will never use them, or any other Hen organising company again! At least if you do it yourself, you are in total control of what is booked, planned and paid for!

You have been warned - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - PLEASE!!!!!