Really Helpful - Until you've paid in full.

Mrs.JKBean's review of Maximise Hertfordshire www.maximise.co.uk

“Really Helpful - Until you've paid in full.”

Written on: 12/11/2012 by Mrs.JKBean (1 review written)

Booked the York Thriller Hen night for a group of 20 people for Aug bank Holiday. Decided to use a company instead of arranging myself to save the hassle and chasing for money. The company where prompt, helpful, Friendly and the website and booking area easy to use and navigate.
A week or so before the date, i was sent a full run down of events; timings / venues / what came with our package, which i sent out to the group.
On the day, we set off for the venue, at the time stated in the info given (1 o'clock). A group of 20 people is not easy to navigate at the best of times, so it was no easy feat to get us all there on time.
On arrival at the venue, i was told that we had been booked in for 3pm - not 1pm. After frantic phone calls to get hold of someone, we were told there had been a mix up on their part, and althou our info said 1pm - the time of the dance was booked for 3pm. We were told to go and wait in a bar until 3pm. This messed up the rest of the days plans - and i had to cancel other parts of the hen do, and ask the group to fork out for drinks - at this point i couldnt cancel the whole thing, since alot of the group had travelled a long way to get to York.
At 3pm, we went back to the venue - which would've suited 20 people sat down - not dancing around. We learnt the dance, the instructor said sorry 'but it wasnt her fault' for the time mix up. Again, we went ahead with the day, deciding to sort it out with maximise at a later date.

About a week later, my sister got in touch with Maximise to explain our situation, and was emailed by a guy called [name removed] - who was disgustingly rude to her - saying we didnt have our facts right, it wasnt his fault, and if we were unhappy at the time, we shouldve cancelled there and then and got our money back. His response was 'You cant enjoy a booking and then ask for a refund'. We never asked for a refund - just a dialog on what went wrong.

About a week passed of emails between me and [name removed], eventually him accepting fault (due to the contract i signed with them), and insisting i contact no one but himself to sort out any concerns, when i said i would deal with all the parties involved personally. Amongst the info at the start of the booking, I had been told i would receive a 'bottle of bubbly for the bride'.. when i said i hadnt received this, i was told i was lying and at no point would they offer such a thing (!). After sending [name removed] the info stating this, he said 'this is supposed to be next years offer, and as a gesture of good will, we will send you this now'.
Still not received it. Still no emails back in response asking where it has gone, apart from 'we assure you, we sent it'.

We learnt the dance, in a cramped, unsuitable venue at a time not agreed to, or paid for, originally - and i have been treated like scum ever since when trying to deal with the company. I looked like a fool on the day, insisting it was 1 o'clock, then arriving to find it was 3 - I paid a professionally company to organise this for me to ensure I didnt mess it up. What annoys me the most, is I can understand mix ups - and i was willing to accept a new time, in an unsuitable venue for the sake of the enjoyment of the others - wud you cancel it last min?!
BUT totally off the bat, before [name removed] even had chance to hear us out, he treated us with utter disdain and dis-respect and even now, 3 weeks after the wedding im still trying to sort this out.

This company DO NOT care about customer service once they have your money. Us them and pray it all goes to plan.