Not worth the money or hassle

From 1 review

ssjnappa's review of Calor Hotspot

Calor Hotspot

“Not worth the money or hassle”

Written on: 09/01/2013 by ssjnappa (0 reviews written)

So I ordered the calor hotspot, directly from Calor. (I thought this was a great idea). But really gutted with mine. When the product arrived all of the castors were broken (completely trashed). Calor said they would get me a replacement set in 2 weeks, 4 weeks go by and I query them for a response. In the mean time the "cord" on the back of the case to pull it open when hot has broken. 2nd issue

So with out responding to me they send me a parcel with the castors but no name on the front. Just the building address. There are multiple businesses and residencies at my home address. Just really random, not what i would have expected from a respected company. Very bad customer service in general, twice i have waited 2 weeks for a reply before chasing up myself.

I have just asked for a refund, I don't know what they are going to say. I am out of the return policy window but they originally sent me damaged goods and then failed to replace them. So i should at least be able to claim under section 75 or charge-back but hope not to have to.

In regards to the unit, i would definitely not buy it again. Its very expensive compared to alternatives. These heaters are just metal shells to fit around the canister and the efficiency must be near identical (as its just burning butane one heater cant really be more efficient than another). Pick your power output and therefor canister size (so 15kg can do 4.2KW) and then get the cheapest one that looks ok to you and has good safety features.

I would not spend over £90 on this kind of heater again and frankly feel like a prat for doing so (And i think more likely £60). I have spent £70-100 over what I needed to and spent many hours dealing with the terrible customer service. Anyway avoid this heater, it is expensive and poor quality. I would also avoid doing business directly with Calor in the future

Bangjos's Response to ssjnappa's Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

Vance Miller Kitchens are far better than B and Q kitchens or any of the big stores. All the people on the net that sl-ag his kitchens off have either never bought one or are just competitors who cannot compete.

Bangjos's Response to ssjnappa's Review