Incompetent Business!

Funenglishteacher's review of Millicents Hair and Beauty www.milliy.co.uk

Millicents Hair and Beauty www.milliy.co.uk

“Incompetent Business!”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by Funenglishteacher (1 review written)

I am utterly disgusted and disappointed at the service I received at Millicent's Hair and Beauty. I unfortunately came into contact with this company via a Groupon deal.

When they initially booked me in for a Shellac Manicure and Pedicure on Thursday 14th August 2015 at 5pm, and even sent a confirmation email from a 'Gabby Benavidez', I felt pleased with their level of professionalism. Or so I thought.

I arrived for my appointment on time, and inquired about my beauty treatments. The beautician looked at me dumbfounded. A customer was already sitting with her. She seemed not able to find any words (from sheer embarrassment), and muttered intelligible words under her breath. Eventually, she grunted that she knew nothing about my booking, and lazily directed me to speak to the manager. Yeah, thanks love for your help.

When I queried the matter with the manager, she also said that she did not know about my appointment booking. She looked in the business appointment book and noted that the receptionist drew an 'x' over my name. The manager explained that apparently it meant that I had phoned up and cancelled the appointment! I did no such thing. I proceeded to show evidence that I had received a confirmation email stating the date and time of the appointment.

The manager looked at me blankly and said that it was not her, but rather her reception staff who was handling the bookings (great, hands on approach there, manager!). She suggested that I wait one hour at the beauty shop until the beautician completed with the customer ahead of me. I declined. Why exactly would I want to waste my time waiting around? I neither had the time nor the patience at that point. It's safe to say that my bold was boiling. The manager then offered to reschedule my appointment to another day, but I declined once again.

I feel outraged that I received such poor service from an incompetent business. I did not even get a heartfelt apology from the staff. It has left such a bad taste in my mouth, hence why I wrote a strong letter of complaint to Groupon. They have promptly replied, and will investigate my concern and issue me a refund on the grounds of appalling customer service.

Save your hard earned money. DO NOT touch this so-called 'hair and beauty' parlour with a barge pole!