Hard sell & lies

Porterxt315's review of Cadogan Clinic, London

Cadogan Clinic, London

“Hard sell and lies”

Written on: 30/08/2014 by Porterxt315 (1 review written)

I went for a consultation with a patient coordinator in August 2014 for liposuction on 3 different areas. The clinic is meant to be reputable and I wanted it done by the best.

I had already scoured the website beforehand, and seen the "from" prices and what procedures they did. I wanted traditional liposuction, which says "from £3,800". Body jet is also from £3,800 (but more expensive as I'd already discovered from a quote elsewhere) and smart lipo is from £3,500.

For the first ten minutes of my consultation the PC went on about the body jet lipo she'd just had done and how quick it was, how pain free and how she could go back to work the next day. She didn't seem sincere however and I felt like this was part of the " hard sell ". I didn't believe she'd had lipo done at all. She finally moved on to me, what I wanted done etc and then told me how effective body jet would be and quoted me £7,500.

I was shocked at the price... I explained I didn't want body jet as I knew it was much more expensive. I was happy with traditional lipo (which she described as the " barbaric method"). She told me they don't do traditional lipo, only body jet - if this is the case, their website is wrong.

I then queried the price, and said the website said traditional lipo was from £3,800 - how that can increase to £7,500 I don't know. She explained that that price related to "laser lipo", and " she felt it was wrong that the website was confusing like that"... I was annoyed and left, saying I'd go somewhere else as I can't afford £7,500 (she cheekily suggested finance).

I went home and looked at their website again, and as mentioned above, it says laser lipo/smart lipo is from £3,500, so therefore the £3,800 does refer to traditional and they do advertise that method.

She clearly thought I was stupid.

I am having lipo done but I won't be having it with the cadogan clinic.

Tjj123's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2014

Hmm interesting review thank you. I have just tried to phone them, supposed to be open Sat 9 - 5pm but no reply. Another porky/err on their website.