Written on: 07/10/2012 by BeHappy1978 (5 reviews written)
Metallica was my first foray ever into the world of metal. They were, for me, the most powerful messengers in terms of both lyrics and the perfectly chosen melodies to follow those powerful words. Master of Puppets was, simply, outstanding. From the first promising clean opening riff of Battery right through to the whispered "Damage Incorporated" with the final flourishing barre chords, Master of Puppets was a musical journey of perfection.
Track by track ratings (out of five stars) for me would be...
1. Battery - **** Great clean opening, good for playing along to, bouncing about guitar in hand!!
2. Master of Puppets - ***** Awesome, simply awesome. The headline track is, from beginning to end, amazing. It just keeps you listening from beginning to end. Truly fantastic solos and steady thumping rhythm make this track an all time great.
3. The Thing That Should Not Be - *** A good track, not much going on in relation to the rest of the tracks on the album but still great to listen to. Possibly my worst track of the lot but that's like saying the worst Ferrari in the Ferrari showroom!
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - ***** Must have listened to this over a thousand times! Six and a half minutes of riff heaven! Great solos!
5. Disposable Heroes - **** Excellent power chord goodness with a solo that just leaves you thinking "oh yesssss!", brilliant solo, really brilliant.
6. Leper Messiah - *** Good to listen to, not as enjoyable as most of the rest of the tracks on here but in an album full of excellence is still a good solid track.
7. Orion (Instrumental) - ***** Great variations of different guitar styles with a great solid rhythm to it, Orion is a great track for those who just love to listen to great guitars played to their very best! Sometimes slow, sometimes fast, Orion caters for everyone!
8. Damage Inc. - **** A great intro, awesome to see and hear live, a fantastic end to a fantastic album. Thrashing goodness!!!
For all rock/metal fans out there this album is a must have addition to your collections.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Tool's debut: Undertow " Read More
Written by GuyPie
" NEW GROUP-COSMO FREQUENCY MIXES NEW AGE MUSIC WITH SYNTH-POP " Read More
" Great service " Read More
" Can paramore maintain its kick ass stuffs? " Read More
" No Leaf Clover " Read More