Perfect for bakers who live in a small home

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

reviewkitten's review of Kenwood kMix Hand Mixer

Kenwood kMix Hand Mixer

“Perfect for bakers who live in a small home”

Written on: 07/08/2012 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I have always wanted a Kenwood kMix or KitchenAid to help turn me into the home baker I dream of being. Unfortunately I live in a small flat with a tiny kitchen. No room for a massive food processor or kitchen top mixer. I love the retro look of the Kenwood kMix hand mixer plus I have fond memories of the hand mixer I used as a child (a very cool looking orange coloured Kenwood that is still going strong) so when it came round to Christmas I knew what I wanted.

I recieved the almond coloured kMix. It's a heavy beast so sometimes when I use it I have to hold it with two hands (I'm pretty weak). It has a good amount of speeds including a pulse one which is right near the off position, this sometimes results in an extra spin when I wanted it off. It took a little getting used to but now I wouldn't be without it. Making cakes is simple, as is beating egg whites. I have yet to use the dough hooks but I plan on making some pizza and muffin dough soon so I hope they work as well as the beaters.

Everything is neatly kept together with the base meaning it doesn't take up too much room in the kitchen.

I would recommend it if you are looking for a sturdy, stylish and competent hand mixer.

• 6 - 12 months