They do a good job, but they just keep breaking! :((

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of GHD Professional Ceramic Hair Straighteners

GHD Professional Ceramic Hair Straighteners

“They do a good job, but they just keep breaking! :(( ”

Written on: 02/12/2012

I'm onto my 6th pair now -
1st pair - stopped working within 1 year

2nd pair (wide plate straighteners) - stopped working within 18 months

3rd Pair - bought to replace the 2nd pair - stopped working within 6 months. I finally got smart and contacted the company to enquire about warranties. They told me to send them back to them for inspection.

4th pair - Within a week (after sending 3rd pair to ghd), they sent me a new pair (Oct 2012). Within one week, the new pair went dead completely. Again I contacted GHD, had to send the stylers back, and wait for a replacement. I also asked if they could do a repair of the 2nd pair (wide plate GHD's), at my expense, they said they are not repairable, they do not stock the parts anymore, because they have changed the model.

5th Pair (replacement for the 4th pair) - they arrived, I plugged them in, and a very strong acrid burning smell came from the plates. I waited a couple of days, tried again, and the same strong burning smell came from the styler. I didn't trust using it with such a dangerous smell coming out of it. I emailed GHD to tell them about the problem, 2 days later they emailed me back a very generic response which showed they hadn't even read my email. BY this point I was really upset...so I phoned them, and asked to speak to the Customer Service Manager...I had to explain the whole history again, and he asked me again to send back the stylers, and said he is now upgrading me to the new metallic stylers, and said he will send me out some free products as an apology. I haven't received these yet, but I'm freak out if there is a single problem with the 6th set of stylers....

6th Pair - metallic GHD's - waiting for their arrival (2 Dec 2012), and very very annoyed at all the hassle.

Would I recommend to a friend? No.
Durability? Terrible
Do they do a nice job of your hair (while they last)? Yes.

Let's just say if anything goes wrong with the 6th pair, I will be switching to another brand, and will sell any replacement GHD styler on ebay to get rid of it.

• 1-6 months

Owned Product For

Does Product Have a Hologram?

• Durability