Not ideal but much better than most, albeit expensive

Guest's review of Sanotint Light

Sanotint Light

“Not ideal but much better than most, albeit expensive”

Written on: 26/06/2012

Not sure if what I used was Sanotint light or just regular Sanotint. I found the dye quality and colour to be amazing for a relatively nasty-chemical free dye, although some improvements could be made here to reduce the toxins further. Still, no skin irritation for me, and my favorite colour, n. 17 Blue black, has the truest deepest jet black of any dye I have found on the market.
What really annoys me though, is that they tell you that one packet is enough for medium-long hair, but this is just a marketing trick to make the product appear cheaper than it is, so be warned, if your hair is anything but short you will need 2 packets, not one, for full coverage. I found this out the hard way when I first tried the blue-black, and ended up with half brown, half black hair! I would also like it better if it came in a bottle with a nozzle for easy application, it is messy and time consuming to mix in a bowl, one may as well just use henna in that case.