Im allergic to PPD

HollieRosa's review of Natur Vital Colour Safe Hair Dye

Natur Vital Colour Safe Hair Dye

“Im allergic to PPD”

Written on: 13/03/2013 by HollieRosa (1 review written)

I thought I had finally found a product that was safe to use as I am allergic to para-phenylenediamine, but no, This product is no different to any hair dyes that contain the stuff! They should'nt label it as PPD free as it uses toulene 2 5 diamine sulfate as a substitute which contains some of the same components as PPD, I did a patch test on the inside of my arm and reacted exactly the same as I did with PPD, I would not recommend this product to anyone who suffers from the allergy, It is a waste of money.

Fuzzball1953's Response to HollieRosa's Review

Written on: 07/10/2013

I too had a allergic reaction to hair color several years ago. Tried at least 6 different salons using different brands of permanent color and still had the blistering, itching and rashes. I have been using a product called Palette by Nature. Absolutely no problem with the product. I have a lot of grey on top and it does cover it better but not completely. It's two step process which can be a pain and you will want to invest in a soft bonnet hair dryer as you will need to apply heat for 40 minutes. But, just grab a book or work on the computer while it works. I usually have to apply every two weeks to keep the grey from being as noticeable. Have light brown hair and the grey turns a dark blonde, but it's better than being totally grey. Nice color for the rest of my hair. It is expensive $25.00 a box, but it's the only alternative I can find. Hope this post helps. Good luck.