Playing with fire

flounder1's review of Natur Vital Colour Safe Hair Dye

Natur Vital Colour Safe Hair Dye

“Playing with fire”

Written on: 29/08/2012 by flounder1 (2 reviews written)

I purchased this hair dye because it stated PPD Free I am very allergic to PPD. I was so excited about the prospect of being able to dye my hair at last and really thought this product was going to be OK. THANK GOD I DID A PATCH TEST because had I not I would have been at the hospital in intensive care!!! The patch test I did was no bigger than the size of the end of a pencil and within half an hour I had a 2 1/2 " blister on the back of my neck. I have since contacted the company who have now stated that they use the sister chemical to PPD in this hair dye ..... so obviously it still has the same reactions to anybody that is allergic to PPD. I am furious and feel this hair dye is being falsely promoted. They are playing with fire here and it wont be long before somebody seriously has a serious reaction to this if they don't do the test first. I am taking this further now anyway.

Suelovescake2012's Response to flounder1's Review

Written on: 28/10/2012

My daughter also bought this product as she is allergic to PPD...luckily she also done a patch test as by the next morning her arm had swollen to double its size with two huge bright red patches. Nearly a week on now and her arm is less swollen but her skin is still red and blistered . She returned the dye to boots who not only refunded her money but also gave her free anthistimines and cream to put on...they also said she would be contacted by their customer service team...shes heard nothing so far. After now reading the above review i will be getting in touch with the company itself...also maybe Watchdog would be interested to know their marketing strategy?

Flounder1's reply to Suelovescake2012's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2012

I have already written to Watchdog but I havn't heard a thing back. this is disgraceful it really is. I am so sorry for your daughter I only know too well how she feels. I still; have my box here as I brought this direct from the manufactor on the internet. Wonder if between us we might have more clout. Off to work will respond again later ;)

flounder1 / alas Diane

Nikkinewt's reply to Flounder1's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

Ive just purchased this via website, done skin patch and thank God I did! Burnt my skin after just ten minutes! This should be banned. So far Logona has been the only dye I'm not allergic to..

Flounder1's reply to Nikkinewt's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

Hopefully the more people review this product and inform others the more we can protect, I can't believe they can get away with this I really can't.

Nikkinewt's reply to Nikkinewt's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

Just found an even better one, Aubrey color me natural. The nearest and safest one to dark brown. Needs touching up every 3wks or so but no allergy and lasts for ages because you only use what you need. Fast delivery via website too :)

Written on: 07/05/2013

I have just used this as allergic to ppd ... and I am totally unrecogniseable! Please contact me to let me know how u got on ... or if need my help in fighting this!!

Written on: 08/05/2013

oh my god I don't know what to say to you, it's dreadful isn't it. I still have my box here the company weren't really bothered and I contacted Watchdog and other places and never got anywhere. seriously they are playing with peoples lives. If I can be of any help contact me wonder if we can do anything about this all together.

Written on: 09/05/2013

I can see now .. sunday both eyes were fully closed! Swelling going down now and im left with wrinkly saggy skin ... been to docs again this morning and been told I am lucky to b alive as I was very poorly. And if we hadnt gone to hospital when we did it would have been so different, life threatening! The box is full of the 'no ppd' claim ... yet when u look on the back its says it contains it! I would never have bought or used it had I known ... I bought it cos it claimed to be ppd free! I will defo b looking into all the avenues available to take this further x first stop is boots ... to get it off their shelves!! X

Written on: 09/05/2013

Exactly this is why I brought it off the internet because there were no claims what so ever about any ingredients being related to PPD it is so misleading. I really hope you continue to get better. i did try and put my email addy in for you but obviously rules are rules and this was not allowed. I wonder if there is anything on Facebbok about this product.

Written on: 09/05/2013

I tried sending u mine too! I wonder if the 'reviewers' who check before posting can put us in touch ... seeing as we both agree and because if the seriousness of this product!! X

Written on: 09/05/2013

Try a book with a Face on it :) pop in NaturVitalUK I hope we stand some sort of chance in getting this put into the media to protect others. I have just done the latest poston there.

Kindest regards

Written on: 09/05/2013

They are on Facebook so i have sent them a message see if I get a reply.