Worst Dye EVER!!!!!!

Guest's review of LOreal Feria

LOreal Feria

“Worst Dye EVER!!!!!!”

Written on: 22/04/2013

I have been dying my hair for the better part of 20 years and have been doing it red by myself for more than a decade now. As anyone out there who dyes their hair red knows, red fades. I had found a dye that worked well for me but had always wondered that if some of the newer formulas would last longer than the 3-4 weeks I was getting out of my present brand.

So when the Feria went on sale, (still more than double my normal sale price for the brand I had been using), I decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE!!!

The colour was supposd to be auburn deep red...the dye started out bright pink! But knowing how dye works I waited for it to darken a bit and figured it would darken more as time went on...it did.

I waited the amount of time in the instructions, then hoped in the shower to rinse, shampoo and condition...which took FOREVER!!! I rinsed the dye itself out for almost 10 minutes, then since the instructions said the 2 part shampoo step would get rid of the excess dye I used it. The suds were bright pink both times, and again after almost another 10 minutes of rinsing the water was still pink. Fed up with waiting to for clear water I used the conditioner...I bearly had enough hot water left to shower the rest of me.

When I towelled off I noticed the areas where I had place the first bits of the dye were...well pink! They had this definate pink glisten to them. I left my hair for more than 48 hours before I cleaned it again..it still leached out colour...not even when I used a colour lock conditioner i got from my hairdresser did the leaching stop. Normally when my hair dresser using this conditoner less than 24 hours after using the other brand of dye the white towel is still white when she is done. The colour leaching continued for almost a week! When it finally stopped bleeding out colour...my roots were now back to their original, pre-dye, natural, colour ONLY ONE WEEK LATER!!!! Not to mention dull spots in the overall colour itself...the only oiginal colour still intact are the pink areas that where there when I towel dried!

Needless to say I have gone out and bought a box of my previous brand and will be correcting this massive oversight ASAP!