LOreal Casting Creme Gloss Dark Brown 400, not as expected

Guest's review of L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“ LOreal Casting Creme Gloss Dark Brown 400, not as...”

Written on: 17/09/2012

My natural hair colour is dark brown, but I've got some grey so I thought I would try a semi permanent colour to rid myself of the grey. I picked LOreal Casting Creme Gloss in Dark Brown - shade 400. I followed the instructions on the box to the letter. I've not coloured, dyed or bleached my hair for nearly 15 years so my hair was natural as it were. The instructions were easy to follow but for me, the end result was shocking! I did do a strand test before I used the colour, the strand test looked OK. When I used the full product on my hair the colour turned out black, in the sunlight it was a very red black, I looked terrible! I purchased a colour remover to take the colour out, it was that bad. At fourty years of age with pale coloured skin, black with a strong red sheen wasn't a good look for me. I'm now left with ginger hair having removed the colour. My grey hairs were red after I coloured my hair adding to the overall red look of my then black hair. Goodness only knows why a dark drown hair colour should have so much red in it and should turn out black on me. Also the smell of the finishing conditioner was horrible, it was sickly and hung around in my hair, I only wish I'd read other reviews before using this product.

I personally couldn't recommend this product based on my own experiences with it. Many years ago I changed my hair colour on a regular basis and never had any problems or disasters. This is the one and only time I've ever used a semi permanent colour though, the other colours I used in the past were permanent colours. Never again, goodness knows how I'm going to sort out my hair now. The colour shown on the LOreal box was nothing like the colour I ended up with.

Kitegirlct's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2012

Must have done something wrong! This product is brilliant!