Dark brown 79 (8 washes) by nice n easy turned my hair blue.

Guest's review of Clairol Nice'n Easy

Clairol Nice'n Easy

“Dark brown 79 (8 washes) by nice n easy turned my hair...”

Written on: 12/05/2013

I have blonde hair which is natural with a few highlights I got done a few months ago. I wanted to go brown and tried the 8 washes dye. Firstly I tried a medium brown and it made no difference to my hair at all. Then I re-tried it with the dark brown and it was almost black. However the main problem was... It turned my hair blue! I had long blue stripes in my hair!!!! It looked awful. However it did eventually wash out ( longer than 8 washes later). About 6 months later I thought I'd give it another go yet here I am now with the same problem. I have blue hair and its very noticeable. They would go give me my money back and I have complained to the company and have got ignored as I was given no reply. I would have liked some warning of this possibility on the box before dying my hair next time. Do not use this because it will turn your hair a funny colour and it will take ages to wash out.

Smithali's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

hi
i know it is not my problem i just read your comment,
some people have this reaction dye their hair when they are on their period or about to get it !!!
not sure if that help!

Avinde's Comment

Written on: 28/12/2013

Oh dear.. I just read the other comment from someone suggesting the blue colour may be due to the user being on their period. Cripes, I really hope that was a joke!

Anyhows, the blue tinge.. yeah that will be because you have put a dark ash-brown colour on blonde hair. If you read the packet it says it is for use on brown hair. It is not an orangey-brown, ie there are some blue/ash tones in it. So blonde hair will come out kinda weird. But not as weird as thinking your menstrual cycle changes your hair colour..jeez!