also being ripped off

RobGillespie's review of Xercise4Less - www.xercise4less.co.uk

Xercise4Less - www.xercise4less.co.uk

“also being ripped off”

Written on: 14/11/2013 by RobGillespie (1 review written)

i had a pretty good year at Xercise4Less but when i decided to leave is when the bad service started to happen.

i turned up one day i couldnt get into the gym, i was told my contract had expired and that i would need to renew at a higer rate if i wanted to continue using the gym.

I decided against it. now 10 months later im getting threatening letters from HARLANDS who manage their finaces. apparently my direct debit has failed for the last 2 months.

I contacted them telling them i no longer went to that gym because my contract had ended. and questionned why they had been taking the money out of my account since march.

I then contact the 'lovely' people at the leeds branch and was informed that I must be mistaken and they will not be refunding the money owed to me. And although they are not in the wrong, they will ensure that there is no more contact from HARLANDS.

Apparently to cancel my contract i need to send them a letter, i didnt want to cancel my contract, i was informed by them that it had ended yet they still refuse to pay the money they have wrongfully taken from my account since THEY ended my gym membership.

this place is not bad for the money, but dont you dare leave and join a more well equipped gym as they will try and rip you off.

guess its my fault for not checking my bank statements sooner but some of the worst customer service i have experienced.

Keep my £60, i dont need it. but trust me, it will cost you more in the long run!!

Xercise4Less's Response to RobGillespie's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hi, we know you've been in touch on Facebook and emailed our admin team. Please could you email us with the outcome of this. Thanks, Xercise4Less

Robgillespie's reply to Xercise4Less's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

the outcome is that you are refusing to refund the money to me because i didnt give you written notice.

i didnt notify you because you notified me that my membership had ended...

Leegl100's Response to RobGillespie's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

I am disgusted with this outfit, I joined along with my wife and son on the basis it was pay as you go by DD, no hassle if you wanted to cancel. The lady who signed us up was more interested in me recommending people, which I did supposedly in return for free membership, which of course never materialised. We paid £30 a month for over 12 months but then decided to cancel. It was a combination of factors at the Wigan branch, we had lost interest as it was so busy my wife couldn't get in the classes and whenever I decided to go I couldn't actually park as it was full. We had only left it going because our son went with his friends after school, he then broke his elbow playing rugby and had to have reconstructive surgery so couldn't go to the gym.

I contacted them and they were sympathetic and told me I just needed to cancel my DD's and they would cancel our membership. I have now started receiving threatening letters from Harland's, I had no idea who they were. I have spoken to them and explained, they are completely disinterested and have now started sending debt collection letters, first one to our 17 year old son. This is obviously unenforceable given his age but their practices are a disgrace.

I will fight this nonsense but I will never go near this gym again, oh and the 27 people they put through as my recommendations will also be advised of this as well as my local Councillors and the Wigan press.

Robgillespie's Response to RobGillespie's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

i didnt notify you because you notified me that my membership had ended...