Virgin Active Bromley

kris2405's review of Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

“Virgin Active Bromley”

Written on: 10/07/2013 by kris2405 (1 review written)

This is by far the worst gym I've ever been to. To begin, most of the reception desk wont even acknowledge your existence (there is only one lady behind reception who makes an effort to say hi).

Once you're in the gym, do not expect any instruction from the gym staff unless you're an attractive girl. Literally, no one has even come to instruct me/ask how I'm doing/say hi, they focus all of their attention on the women.

Customer loyalty is absolutely dreadful. They do not value your custom whatsoever. They will never give you a free guest pass (I called them up, they told me they would give me a free guest pass, then they rang me up an hour later changing the 'free guest pass' to £15).

Gym itself is good, equipment is good, but weight room is overcrowded for most of the day, impossible to get a good chest workout at certain times.

Spa is ok, but your view as you look up from the jacuzzi is of the ceiling, which is falling apart, with half of the plaster peeling off. Been this way for years, they don't bother to fix it.

To top it all off, prices are extortionate. No value for money whatsoever in this dump. Avoid at all costs.

Overall, would not recommend at all. Only reason I continue to go, is because it's the only gym walking distance from my house. I will be changing gym once my contract is over.