Poor customer service

Guest's review of Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 01/07/2013

I have multi gym membership which should allow me to use any gym within the Virgin network.

Unfortunately you are only allowed to book classes at your home gym, and given most classes at peak times are full I often cannot attend the classes that I want to.

I called customer services to complain and was told that I need to ask myself whether I want to be a member of Virgin or not!

Realgymuser's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2013

Sad to say Virgin Active's response does not surprise me in the slightest. I have never come across a company, in any industry, as complacent and lacking in customer focus. They are so arrogant they feel they do not have to respond to customer complaints. As far as they are concerned anyone who doesn't think they are truly wonderful can can just leave.

I didn't get a response to any of my complaints. When I raised concerns face to face with staff they would promise to look into things and get back to me, but never did. I submitted comments via the website but never got a reply. I wrote to the general manager, he didn't reply. I wrote to customer services and they couldn't be bothered to reply either. I did not fill in a customer feedback form as I was too taken aback by the sneering dismissive language that Virgin used on them.

I quit and joined an independent gym and I love it. I would never set foot in Virgin Active or any big chain health club again. They treat their customers like dirt.