Unfair treatment based on my race

Guest's review of Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

Virgin Active Health Clubs - www.virginactive.co.uk

“Unfair treatment based on my race”

Written on: 28/02/2012

Today at Chelmsford Virgin Active, I bought a coffee and saw an empty table with soft comfortable seat. As soon as I walk toward that direction. I was stop by a member of the staff and shouted rudely that I am not allow to sit there. Because those soft arm chairs are for people of four to be seated. I pointed out that there are many empty table, and the place was almost empty, she then point me to another direction where there are some hard plastic chairs, she told me I can sit there. I complaint to the manager, but he didn't say sorry. And also insist that his staff is right because if it is busy, then other people can't get a seat. I then pointed out that there are many people who are also sitting down on those soft leather arm chair by themselve. He then said if you are going to use your laptop, then you have to sit over there. I then again pointed out there are others who are white are using ipad and laptop sitting on those comfortable chair. He didn't even say sorry. Then just walked away. If you are non white don't go to Chelmsford Virgin Active, as the staff are racist.