WAS a member of Wrexham TOTAL FITNESS

DeepThought's review of Total Fitness

Total Fitness

“WAS a member of Wrexham TOTAL FITNESS”

Written on: 20/01/2013 by DeepThought (1 review written)

like a lot of reviewers, I joined TF when it was a really well run, clean and cheap establishment....... Unfortunately, the management went down hill, and dragged the gym down with it! Rude, obnoxious and arrogant management and semi competent gym staff (only one cleaner - very good at his job but when he retired he wasn't replaced). Equipment started to break and was never fixed.

One day I turned up at the car park entrance to be turned around by bouncers who, in very poor badly Brocken English said the gym was closed for good and I should now go to Chester! (Who is going to pay the fuel costs for that, I wondered?)

I paid year in advance and they now owed me for 6 MONTHS unusable membership! It took me 3 MONTHS to get my money back! They outright lied to me on the phone saying they had paid it to the wrong account! Fortunately, I made the call from my local bank, and the member of staff queried them on this and caught them in the lie! They'd made up a bank reference, and the bank personnel said the reference number referred to a non existent bank! When I said I was now thinking of taking legal action to get my money and maybe sue for attempted theft (lol. Ok, I was VERY angry!) I got my money in 3 days. I wonder how much money they've stolen from people in this way?

long story short? IF YOU GO THERE YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR EXERCISE EQUIPMENT THAT DOESN'T WORK OR JUST PLAIN DOESN'T EXIST. STAFF ARE GUARANTEED TO BE RUDE AND USELESS (After they have your money, naturally. THE GYM WILL STINK LIKE A SEWER AND YOU TEMP GETTING A DISEASE WHEN YOU USE THE POOLS.

I transferred to DW Fitness, Wrexham, which was fine for the first year but is now RAPIDLY going downhill! It's like Deja Vu.... Machines starting to break more, gym starting to get dirtier/smellier....... ZERO customer service, lounge area now a well used free crèche for the people who want to dump their kids somewhere while hey go off (and yes, it is as bad as it sounds)

I think some of the problem is a lack of competition from other gyms. You can see it in the faces of the staff "don't like it here? go somewhere else then....... Har har"

I think going to a small local gym or council run chain might be a better bet, and is probably what I'll be doing. Besides that, the gym is so crowded, if you do join, you better be prepared to wait in line to use machines!

TF gyms were magnificent when they were new and well run..... Unfortunately, extremely poor management at all levels brought it down like an incurable cancer.