couldnt care less once they have your bank details

Guest's review of LA Fitness Health Clubs www.lafitness.co.uk

LA Fitness Health Clubs www.lafitness.co.uk

“couldnt care less once they have your bank details”

Written on: 07/06/2013

Brightons LA fitness is the new standard for disgraceful customer service!.. I've been a member for a month and have found myself in financial difficulties which has led me to want to cancel my membership early. When i signed up they said nothing about the terms and conditions of my membership so once I wanted to leave .. oh they all came rolling out!
I first of all went into the gym asking to leave early and I had my bank statement ready to show as proof documentation.. until I was told to call the head office and go through there membership services.
I phoned up stating my need to cut back and save money for more important things and ended up getting referred around about three times before eventually speaking to someone who then told me that the bank statement shouldn't be a problem as a form of financial documentation, all he has to do is speak to his manager.
I left my email and telephone number so that he could get in touch as soon as he had spoken to his boss..

A few days passed and I had still heard nothing from the chap at head office so I phoned again only to then hear that the really helpful really dedicated customer service assistant will get on top of things right away and call me back as soon as he has queried my request to cancel my membership.
Another few days passed and I was starting to get hacked off. I decided to begin emailing the membership services chasing them up about my case, giving my details and reason for wanting to cancel, asking them to get back to me as soon as possible
I received an email back eventually saying that his manager hasn't been in the office for a while and will be back in tomorrow so he should be able to speak to him tomorrow... I then got confirmation that another months membership fees has been taken out when I had made a request to cancel my contract.

tomorrow came and yep you guested it.. no reply. obviously asking to speak to your manager is something that takes nearly 2 weeks..
by this time I had had enough and emailed them again complaining about the poor customer service and how they had not gotten back to me when said. I have since emailed them again since this making it my 4th email about my case. i still havent heard back from them surprise surprise!
Thinking of using there terms and conditions against them where they state 'contract termination by us'.. if you fail to pay for a months fees followed by another failed attempt 28 days later, they'll cancel your contract..' I doubt it will be that simple!