ROBBING SCUM

rgilmour's review of LA Fitness Health Clubs www.lafitness.co.uk

LA Fitness Health Clubs www.lafitness.co.uk

“ROBBING SCUM”

Written on: 19/04/2013 by rgilmour (1 review written)

I joined on a 12 month basis mainly to use the pool after work, which was small and always full, which I understood as I did go at peak time. The staff were always friendly although more interested in flirting with each other than helping you use equipment. The gym itself is small, and the equipment is worn. The classes were always booked up and had extra turn up that didn't book online that were allowed to join in, resulting in no room for the ones that actually did follow the booking process.
I moved away after to an area with no LA fitness, the nearest one was over 40 miles away. I was 8 months in to my contract, but was advised by the last at the gym that this could be cancelled with no charge as there was no gym available to me. She advised me of the address to send proof of address to and to cancel my direct debit, which I did. I did not hear anything for 4 months even though all my details were held on their system, address email and phone number. I received an email from a debt collection agency advised I owed £150 cancellation fee.
I had to pay as I didn't want my credit file being effected. I am in the process of complaining with LA fitness but of cause I wont get my money back. I find this absolutely disgusting treatment and advise anyone thinking of joining their gym to think again. They will do ANYTHING to get money from you. Absolute robbing b****rds!!!!!!!!!