Fitness First - Free Style my 'bottom' - please STAY AWAY!

Guest's review of Fitness First

Fitness First

“Fitness First - Free Style my 'bottom' - please STAY AWAY!”

Written on: 21/09/2013

I was a member of Fitness First (FF) for more than 8 years. Unfortunately, made a mistake and voiced my opinion which did not go well with the local general manager... but about that later.

Last 3 months the club in Angel (Islington, London) has been undergoing huge refurbishment so the free weights and machines have been squeezed in to approx. 20-25% of the club floor due to the newly introduced 'free style' area. What the hack is that supposed to mean?! How can you take away the basis of fitness (or any sport). Free weights were, are and always will be, the base for most of the sport. Well, except the future of FF fitness, of course.

So, what happened? They basically cancelled the busiest section and turned it into empty space. They brought in hot yoga studio and 3 touch screens at the reception (and I thought that people went to the gym to work out). Why? I don't know as no-one has explained that to me or any of my fellow friends in the club. People are not happy but the pathetic wanna-be-manager is not listening to any members. I am no longer a member as I apparently don't understand or respect the future plan of the club. So I have been banned from the chain, even though I haven't abused anyone, I haven't hurt anyone ... I have just expressed my disagreement with their silly changes and plans.

People, please do not EVER join this chain as it is going in the completely wrong direction and therefore is having problems with keeping its members and IMHO the future is not bright for FF.

FF management is useless and they do not listen to members. You have a problem, you better keep it to yourself or they will show you the doors (very promptly). No loyalty, no respect, no understanding ... that's what Fitness First is about these days.

Most of my friends (members and trainers) already left so now is my time, too.

Please STAY AWAY!!

PS: BEWARE, FF raises their membership without notifying its members!!!

Vancoolik's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

FYI, speak to the general manager of FF Angel so if you'd like to cancel your membership fast, go and have a argument (whether that be reasonable or not) with the arrogant & pathetic individual. It works; and it can save you a month of the cancellation procedure. GL!

Fitnessfirst's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

Hi. We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please email us so we can help

Vancoolik's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2013

Hi there

Thanks for the response, BUT ...

First of all, I don't know who you are; and secondly email you where?

You cannot spend a few seconds to respond properly to someone's review and then expect people respecting your management? Well, I really don't think that you going about the whole member-support business right. Sorry ... yet another disappointment with FF.

Fitnessfirst's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2013

We are the Executive Team at Fitness First. It appears that we are not allowed to post our email address as this has been removed. We are sorry that you are unhappy with the refurbishment at Angel. Please see our website on how to contact us as the team will be happy to help. Thank you.