Rubbish, mis-selling, Terrible gym, & bad treatment.

user.one's review of Esporta Health Clubs

Esporta Health Clubs

“Rubbish, mis-selling, Terrible gym, and bad treatment. ”

Written on: 15/04/2012 by user.one (1 review written)

I was mis-sold membership, the gym isn't in fact as it looks so don't be fooled, when you join you find that you don't get treated well and they're not interested in your enquiries, you'll be lucky to get to the classes, the program was rubbish. They lied to me and they lied about their own terms and conditions and they told me stuff that was not in their terms and when I spoken to them they started to threat me with stuff that wasn't in their terms and conditions. It was absolutely outrageous. One of the staff lied about he was manager but he wasn't. I managed to meat the real general manager at the end after i mentioned that i'll take the case to the trading standards they decided to put me through to him and he realised they were wrong and after he apologised but it was too late as the damage and stress have already happened. They'll basically try to mis-sell you membership in a very nice way and once you sign the contract they start to rip you off and expect you to give up and live with it but I didn't.
I'll never ever in my lifetime join this gym again.

Guest's Response to user.one's Review

Written on: 24/06/2012

I signed up to Esporta, which seemed like a nice family oriented club. They were taken over by Virgin Active and the club changed beyond recognition. It became dirty and incredibly crowded. I gave notice to my 12 months contract, but they are now chasing me for month number 13 - threatening with giving my alleged debt over to a debt recovery sharks. My advise for anyone buying a gym membership - give notice the day you sign the contract and demand a written confirmation of the date of the last and final direct debit.