Reading DL

plinius6's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“Reading DL”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by plinius6 (1 review written)

The two words review: "massively overpriced". When I had been quoted the price at first, I was sure there was a mistake, as it was 2.5 more than anyone else. (for the record, £78)
To make things a bit more passable, the sales guy offered 12 months for 10 which made things just barely good enough for me to sign up. However, it turned out that I've been lied to (maybe there are better ways to describe this, but they would detract from the truth). Apparently he did not pass that to the head office, and I was informed later on that I have to pay the full 12 months.

The gym itself is ok, though obviously the service does not even come close to warranting the huge premium. Their main crowd are folk who are not too choosy about the fees they pay and subsidised employees, and apparently there are enough of those to go by to support their business model.

If you have any choice, stay away. If not, negotiate them down - especially at the end of the quarter, and get everything signed and counter-signed.