Bullying tactics used by David LLoyd gym

apple03's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“Bullying tactics used by David LLoyd gym”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by apple03 (2 reviews written)

Have enjoyed using the outside pool over the last four years.It was the only health club to have an outside pool (the other clubs that I looked at only had inside pools) so that is why I joined even though it was approximately twice the price of these other clubs. I explained this point at the time of my joining of my joining..
However, at no point during my signing up meeting, was it pointed out that even though I had taken full membership that David Lloyd would place such restrictions on the opening times of the outside pool that it would render it impossible for me to use the outside pool around my work commitments; the whole point of full membership I thought.
During my visit to the pool over the xmas period I asked to speak to someone explaining that the new restrictions on the pool rendered it impossible for me to use and I was simply told to write a letter.
So I wrote a letter and gave it in on the 31st December and on the 2nd of January tried to call the club on 5 different occasions, but not once did anyone pick up. I have spoken to and written to the club and to head office and while alot of the people I have spoken to have expressed sympathy they continue to demand 3 months money. Why 3 months money as if you have been a member for less than a year they only ask for one months notice.
The net result is that I am being threatened with court action and yet I don't see why I should have to pay £300 notice when I am unable to use the facility as I thought when I joined even though the monthly paymemt has gone up approximately £20 from when I first joined. BEWARE look on the internet to see countless stories of the dispicible way David Lloyd can treat you. If I had known I would have gone for one of the cheaper gyms with the inside pool.

Malski's Response to apple03's Review

Written on: 04/06/2013

Have you had any progress with this?
I am in a similar position but I joined for the Tennis Courts told Access is first come first served if you call at 8 am you will get a court - no joy for months so complained only to be told the sell regular court slots to members - so they were never available to start with except from 9pm onwards - total joke.