DLL Milton Keynes

Guest's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“DLL Milton Keynes”

Written on: 20/02/2013

Had been a member for a year and a half when I decided to quit. The deal-breaker was when I was informed, during my prospective contact with a rival gym, that the going rate for all the big boys in Milton Keynes (Virgin, Bannatyne’s, Fitness First, etc.) was £47 per month. I was paying £85 a month at DLL ! And that didn’t include use of the courts …. Or even use of another branch ….

The final nail in the coffin though was when they cleared-out the gym upstairs – the only reason I joined in the 1st place – and told me that they would keep it empty as a “studio”. Thus, I would be paying £85 per month for less gym equipment than I could get for £14.99 at one of those new, low cost, 24 hour gyms.

Thereafter, I handed-in my resignation letter a.s.a.p. which they later claimed to have never received, and then they proceeded to hound me with debt collection agencies. But I have stood firm &, hopefully, the whole exercise will have cost them a fortune.

These people are only interested in money. Their business model is already dated against the new low cost gyms. Their (young) staff usually last about 6 months max. The writing is on the wall and it couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of wonkers !