Membership con

Airportbaz's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“Membership con”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by Airportbaz (1 review written)

After the all-clear from a serious illness last year, I decided to get fit and, as I had been a member previously od David Lloyd Cheadle, I decided to re-join. A nice meeting with a coffee was set up and the manageress explained the process, I joined as a family in a fit of euphoria at not having the dreaded big C, (this was my own fault) however, when I offered to pay the membership fee for the year upfront and therefore only paying for 10 months but getting 12, the nice lady said that if any of my family weren't getting the use out of the club, it was a 12 month contract and it would be wasted money. She suggested, in the guise of saving my pocket, that I opt for monthly payment, giving me the chance to cancel after the first three months with only 28 days notice. I took her advice and, after a couple of weeks it became apparent that my wife had no intention of going the gym. I requested a cancellation form but was told by the desk dtaff that you cannot cancel in the first year, I said something like "I think you'll find I can." and got an appointment with a manager to sort it. It was then pointed out in the contract that I had agreed to a full years membership and if I cancelled, I would still owe for the year!

Dw123's Response to Airportbaz's Review

Written on: 22/01/2013

That's awful! Total mis-selling. How much was the family membership per month?